Chronic relapse is a serious problem that many people struggle with. If you’re stuck in a cycle of chronic relapse, it can feel like there’s no way out. But the good news is that there are treatments that can help you break the cycle of chronic relapse and achieve long-term sobriety.
One of the most important things you can do is to find a treatment program that meets your specific needs. Not all treatment programs are the same, so it’s crucial to find one that will work for you. Prairie Recovery Center is a chronic relapse treatment center in North Dakota. Our expert substance abuse specialists are waiting to help you get on the path to recovery. Call 844.979.4310 to learn more.
What Is Chronic Relapse?
Chronic relapse is a pattern of repeated relapses, or setbacks, following a period of recovery from addiction. It is characterized by a failure to maintain abstinence from addictive substances or behaviors for an extended period of time. Chronic relapse can be a frustrating and discouraging experience, as it can feel like you are never truly able to achieve lasting sobriety. However, it is important to remember that chronic relapse is not a sign of failure. It is a common phenomenon that many people face during their journey to recovery. With the right treatment and support, you can overcome chronic relapse and achieve lasting sobriety.
How to Pick a Treatment Program for Chronic Relapse
Some things to look for in a treatment program for chronic relapsing include:
- Individualized care — A good treatment program will tailor its approach to your specific needs.
- A focus on underlying causes — A good treatment program will address the underlying causes of your addiction, such as trauma, mental health disorders, and stress.
- Continuum of care — A good treatment program will offer a continuum of care, which means they will provide you with services as you transition from treatment back to your everyday life.
Treatment For Chronic Relapse
Treatment for chronic relapse can be hard to figure out. Many options are available; ultimately, the right treatment will depend on the individual. Some options for treatment for chronic relapse include:
- Attending 12-step meetings — 12-step meetings, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, can provide you with support and accountability.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) — CBT is a type of therapy that gets to the core of your beliefs.
- Medication-assisted therapy (MAT) — MAT is the use of medication to help with addiction symptoms and cravings.
- Finding a sponsor — A sponsor is a person who has been through the 12-step program and can help guide you through the steps.
- Building a support network — A support network can provide you with emotional and practical support.
- Practicing self-care — Self-care is important for both your physical and mental health.
If you’re struggling with chronic relapse, know that you’re not alone. There are treatments that can help you achieve long-term sobriety.
End Chronic Relapse Today at Prairie Recovery
There are many reasons why people relapse after trying to quit drugs or alcohol, but many treatments can help people achieve sobriety and avoid chronic relapse. Some of the most effective treatments include behavioral therapies, medication-assisted treatment, and 12-step programs. These treatments can help people to address the underlying causes of their addiction and to develop healthy coping mechanisms.
The chronic relapse cycle can be ended with the help of a rehabilitation and treatment center like Prairie Recovery Center. With the right tools and support, people in recovery can learn how to manage their triggers and cravings, develop a strong support system, and create a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Learn more – call 844.979.4310 today and get on the path to recovery.